Thursday, August 9, 2012

Gender Reveal Party

So I know this is a very overdue post considering the party happened on July 1rst but it took a bit for my photographer (aka one of my good friends with a nice camera that I conned into taking all of the pictures of my party while being a guest too) to edit everything and then even longer for both of our schedules to connect so that I could get the pictures and you can't do a post like this without pictures so hence the wait time (oh yeah and then I was busy and even though I posted the pictures on FB already I haven't had time to write this if you couldn't tell from the fact that I am really behind with my weekly posts)

So I had seen this gorgeous photo shoot on a blog I then after had to start reading called My Life in Transition of a gender reveal where they had a giant box and when they opened it balloons of the right color came out (obviously it was set up by someone else) and that is how they found out.

So I decided that I wanted to have a party and that is how hubby, all of our family, our friends and I would find out what we are having (with the exception of one friend that planned the entire thing and had to know to set it all up).  So once we had the date of the utrasound we made a date for the party and crossed our fingers that the tech would be able to see what it was.

She was able to and I dropped the envelope over at my friend's house and then it was wait time.  We had the appointment on a Friday and the party was on a Sunday (it is the best day for the majority of the people to come) so we didn't even have to wait that long.

Sunday comes around and after frantic cleaning on my part (I had to, my grandma was going to be there) it was time for the party.  The friend planning it came over with everything and brought this fun huge box.


So how it worked is there was ribbons holding it closed and hubby and I were on either side of the box, pull the ribbon and blue or pink balloons came out.




Yup we are having a boy and I was only a little bit shocked.....  OK maybe a lot, but we have a lot of girls in my family and so I had only really thought about having a girl.  So it was a surprise but it is a good one, and when I saw the ultrasound picture it was very obvious that he is a boy



My hubby had gotten me a new charm for my bracelet to celebrate the occasion (he had actually gotten one for a girl and one for a boy and we just returned the girl one) and it was tied to the main balloon.  After everyone knew what it was my amazing friend got to setting up all the food which of course was all blue and was awesome.







And my roommate made a great sign that we put over the table, and it will be able to be reused during the baby shower.  I don't have any pictures of them but we did a cute paper where everyone guesses when they think he is going to be born, and how big he is going to be.  It is a fun game that will continue into my baby shower and whoever wins will get a big prize that we don't know what it is yet (we have time, it's ok).

So that was my party, it was so much fun to have both families over with our closest friends and to have everyone find out together as a big family.

1 comment: