Thursday, May 10, 2012

First Ultrasound

So today I went to my second doctor's appointment, my first ultrasound and it was amazing.  They didn't waste any time, I got to the room, lifted up my shirt, squirted the gel stuff (which wasn't cold at all like in the movies, it was warm) and I got to see it.  The tech pointed out the heart beating, which you could see moving, and measured it from bum to head, it was 2 cm.  Then I got to hear the heartbeat, and oh my gosh, it was so cool and fast, I was just in awe.  I videotaped the whole thing for the my husband, because he had to go out of town for work, OK actually my mom videotaped it but I was busy paying attention to everything.  That was basically it but here is the pictures that they printed out for me.



So I love how you can see it's little limbs that aren't yet developed, but it almost looks like a Plesiosaurs (the dinosaur that lives in water, and yes I did have to google that to find our the actual name).  I hope that it will be that cooperative with the next ultrasound appointment when we get to find out the sex.

Also since my mom and I had lunch beforehand and had some extra time we were going around town looking at baby stuff (which apparently in this town, the selection is slim) and stopped at the maternity store in the mall, just to look.  So we are wandering around and not only is everything really well priced, it's cute!!  Yeah I'm so excited to get new clothes once I get too large to wear my normal clothes.  Then we see a top and my mom asks, "Do you want it?"  I"m like, "Really!?"  She wanted to buy me my first maternity clothes, it was so sweet, and this is the shirt I got to have, even though I won't wear it for a few months at least.

(Obviously that isn't me, I got it from the site's website) It was a wonderful day, I got to see my baby and got to spend some fun time with my mom.

1 comment: