Friday, April 20, 2012

The First Freak Out

So Sunday (the 15th).... It was a long, bad day.... I got up and worked from 7 to 1 and went home to sit around and do nothing, but then I got a call from my friend that works for Habitat for Humanity, asking me to come help her set up her new store (it was opening the next day), so off I went. I stayed there until around six and she fed me so I was thrilled, until I got home.

Mind you we had gotten a letter from our homeowner association saying if we didn't fix the weeds, we would get a fine, so I told the boys to fix it and they told me they had. Then I get home, and I see weeds still, it made me livid. I get out of the car and start pulling them myself, once I have a good pile I text a picture of it to my husband to let him know that they did not do a good enough job. He says he will take care of it when he gets home, but by that time I am too far gone, there was a bunch of stuff that they had been telling me they would do but never get to it, so I decide that I might as well do it myself.

I grab the hedge clippers and gloves and start going at it all. I am having a great time chopping and stewing in my anger, doing nothing but making myself more furious (and fixing the hedges), until my husband drives up. As a side note he had also been calling me and not only did I not pick up the phone, I also turned it off so I wouldn't hear it keep ringing.

He says a cute comment and got a glare from me. He gets out of the car and tries to get me to drop the clippers, I told him to go away because I was in a horrible mood and was going to say something mean, he didn't care. He manages to get me inside and then tells me I need to take a nap, because I was exhausted. I didn't want to, I wanted to work on the yard. He told me I had to lay down for at least half an hour, and then I could come back out.

So half an hour later I come back out and work on the yard with both boys until it gets dark and get most of what was bugging me done. It turned out well.

(as a side story, I was chopping off the dead leaves off our palm tree and the edges are pokey so when I get something stuck to my neck, that's what I thought it was so I asked my roommate and he looked scared and said there was a bug stinging me, I tried brushing it off and he told me it was now on my shoulder, AS HE BACKED AWAY FROM ME!!!! I was so pissed that instead of helping me, he ran away, I went inside and saw that I was indeed stung on the neck so I put a band aid on it and went and tattled to my husband :) )

So I know that any Freak Out story is going to put me in a bad light but it's OK because its how I am right now, my mom told me I should write this all down so that I can remember it all and tell my kid how insane I was when pregnant with them and it makes my husband look very sweet because he is dealing with me so well and so calmly.

No comments:

Post a Comment