Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Busy Bags

So forever ago (well like last year) I mad a bunch of busy bags for Liam to play with when we are out at restaurants and what not. He hasn't even used them all yet and I am in the process on making a few more for our trip to Mexico. So I figured I would post them on here. These are the ones that stay in his diaper bag on a regular basis.

The Button Snake

 

This is made with a ribbon sewed to a button on one end and some pieces of felt sewed onto the other end to keep the felt pieces from slipping off the other end. I then cut out the squares and put a cut down the middle large enough to easily thread the button through. Liam does this one easily enough but needs to have me hold the button still for him while he threads the felt pieces on.
 
Stuff A Bottle
 
Super easy to make, I took the leftovers from the other busy bags I made (pom poms, popsicle sticks, and pipe cleaners) and put them in a cleaned out Gatorade bottle. He loves dumping everything out and putting it all back in. (sorry about the crappy picture)
 
Velcro Sticks
 
Again really easy to make, I just bought velcro circles that fit nicely on my popsicle sticks that I was lazy and bought already in pretty colors. I made a bunch of shapes and then put the velcro on accordingly so some have velcro on opposite sides of the stick, others have them on the same side. Liam isn't great at making the shapes yet but loves when we do it for him and then he looks through them like they are a window. Not exactly being used how I originally planned but he has fun so that is the main thing.

These are ones that Liam hasn't even used yet since I haven't swapped them out yet.

Pom Pom Matcher
 
I took small labels and colored them with sharpies that matched the colors of pom poms that I had. I then stuck them in the bottom of the ice cube trays and originally I was done. But then the labels started coming off so I took clear tape and put all the labels back with tape on top of them this time. And that seems to be staying better.

Button Matching
 
So this one was fun to make. I chose the buttons I wanted to use, I did 2 different shapes in each color. I then cut up some cardstock and traced each button in the center of the page and color it in and then I wrote what color it is and the shape for when he gets older. Then I had them all laminated so it will be harder for Liam to destroy.
 
And this last one he has used and loves but it doesn't live in the diaper bag yet.

Beads In A Water Bottle
 
This is a super easy one to make, I took a bunch of beads and put them in a cleaned out Gatorade bottle. Done. Liam loves putting the beads back in the bottle but normally doesn't have the patience to do all the beads before he dumps them back out and starts over again.
 
 I put all of these, (except the ones in bottles) in pencil bags that I got at Walmart for a dollar. After seeing it on Pinterest I am going to add a piece of cardstock to the back of each bag so that the bags can be more stable and not flop around as much. I will make about 6 more, some that I have already started but just haven't had time to finish. I love these because they are something for Liam to do while we are out at like restaurants so that he doesn't get bored and misbehave and they teach him things and were decently cheap to make

No comments:

Post a Comment