Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Superbowl


We had a busy full day for the Superbowl. It started with us hanging out in bed with Liam, playing with the new dinosaur hand puppet hubby had gotten him from IKEA a few days before.
 

When we finally got up, I went and started cooking and hubby started making his meatballs. Anytime there is an even where you have to bring something, hubby always makes his meatballs and they are heveryones favorite. I started with the desserts since they had to cool anyways. I made something that I found online called Superbowl Bars. They were decently easy to make but I wasn't sure how everyone was going to like them. I then made normal brownies (from the box, I'm not that good) and I had found a box of Smores brownies (technically dessert bars).


Once those were done, I prepped the mini pigs in a blanket. So easy to make, I just put TV on my iPad and it was very methodical and fun to do. I made a ton of them, and then stuck them in the fridge so that I could bake them right before the party and they would be warm for people to eat.


We ended up having 8 people and 2 children over. But I don't really like football, I normally just watch the commercials. Since we had friends over the and one of my friends decided to work on a diaper cake for another friend's baby shower that we are planning.


The whole group (minus me) together.

 
Liam decided to tickle his friend Luke, it was freaking adorable.

 



 
The finished diaper cake, well sort of finished. We still need to decorate it but that shouldn't be too bad.
 

We realized we had too many diapers and since we already wrapped them all, my friend suggested we make little mini diaper cakes for extra decorations. We had run out of ribbon by this point so I ended up getting t go back to Walmart for more ribbon.


The baby shower is a jungle animal theme so the animal print ribbon was so perfect to find.



So that was our fun Superbowl day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment