Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Fun Day Recap and New Year Resolutions

Mondays are normally laundry day but since my hubby went out of town on Monday and needed clean clothes for the trip I did laundry the day before, which means my Monday off was completely free. I am part of the local Free 2 Feed group which is a breastfeeding support group. I had only gone once before (considering I am not even breastfeeding Liam anymore) but since I was free, I figured I would go. We showed up late because it is hard to get a child and myself ready and out the door by 9. So we left at like 9:30. I ended up just hanging out and chatting with one of my friends there while our children attempted to play with other kids.




After that we went and got lunch at Kneaders. The kids were getting wild and we were counting down the minutes until our next activity, the Children's Museum, where we can just let them run wild and play.


So we headed over to the Children's Museum and find out that on Monday they are only open for members and only from 2PM to 8PM. Well since it was noon, we were just screwed. We decided to go over to the library which was next door. We were meeting another friend so she and her kid met us over there. The kids colored for a bit, and then we happened to be there right before storytime so we stayed for that. Liam is not great at sitting still so he spent the majority of the storytime under the chairs and sitting right in front of the book.





After storytime the kids were done, they were tired so we all split up and headed home, me with 2 kids now because I offered to watch my friend's kid so that she could go to an appointment. Liam conked out in the car and then proceeded to nap for 3 and a half hours, he was so out. The rest of the day was spent relaxing and just playing at home.


Now New Year's happened last week and hubby and I were talking and decided that I am going to lose weight this year. I gained a lot when I had Liam and never really lost it. I am wanting to get back to at least my pre-pregnancy weight before I have another kid, that way when I gain weight with that pregnancy I am not gaining more weight on top of what I have already gained. I am going to try and do a combination of eating less and working out. I like most Americans am used to eating large portions so I am going to attempt to cut what I eat in half. I also am going to try and eliminate soda, and majorly cut back on candy and junk food, which are my weaknesses. I am not going to completely clean eating or anything but trying to better with moderation.

Working out I have done on and off during last year and even when I was working out 3 days a week, I still wasn't losing any weight, which is discouraging. So I am going to alter how I working out. I love the classes at my gym, so Monday through Thursday (not necessarily every day) I will go to classes with my mom and then on the weekends I will go and do true cardio by doing the eliptical or the stationary bike for 30 to 45 minutes. And because I hate working out and need motivation, if I work out 4 times a week for a month, my hubby agreed to give me a $25 gift to where ever I want. So that is the plan, we will see how it goes.

My last resolution is going to be for my home. I want to be more organized, certain areas of our house are a mess and I want to clean them up and try and make it so they don't get that messy again. Obviously it will be a work in progress considering I am hopeful to move this year and then we will get to start over.

Those are all I have got. I will give some updates to how I do on them throughout the year.


No comments:

Post a Comment