Thursday, March 28, 2013

Liam: Three Months

So obviously I am a bit behind with these and I am writing the 3 month one late so it probably won't be as descriptive as it could be because I can't really remember what he was doing then verses what he is doing now but I am going to do my best.





Likes: Baths, standing, being held, naked time, tummy time

Dislikes: Being put down, being sick, getting out of baths



Biggest Achievement of the Month: Getting healthy again

Biggest Challenge of the Month: Being sick :(



Sleep: Getting much better.  He still likes to wake up a couple times when I am on baby duty but he sleeps almost completely through or only wakes up once for Cody.

Temperment/Personality: It was bad this month.  He was sick for about 2 weeks and although it wasn't anything serious (thank goodness) he was just uncomfortable and therefore cranky.  So we spent lots of time holding him because that was the only way we could get him to relax during the day.  Near the end of the month I could tell he was feeling better because he went back to being his normal happy self and pretty much only cries when he is hungry or really tired but doesn't want to sleep (yeah it is tons of fun when he does that)


Eating: Eats like a champ, I was worried with him not feeling well that he might eat less (I was told that was something to watch for) but he never wavered   I got a new nursing cover that works amazing and he will actually eat under it (verses my old method of just putting a blanket over him, making him very warm and then he doesn't want to eat) so that is awesome.


 The Superficial: All of the skin issues have gone away!!!  He is all clear now except when I don't notice his nails have gotten long and he scratches himself.  He is getting big, I want to say a minimum of 12 lbs now (but he is probably bigger) and he is officially in the 0-3 month clothes now.


Milestones & Firsts: So the chart that I was using from Baby Center has disappeared   It has the link and when I click on it, it goes to like an article (which is so not easy to just skim like an actual chart is) and it doesn't even hit every month. So I was googling to find a new milestone chart and it is back at Baby Center they just updated the look of it so we are all good now.


He is rolling over now and does what the site calls a mini push up (which is where he lifts up his head and shoulders during tummy time).  He smiles so much which is so much fun. He holds his head up really well and loves to try and stand which he can do, we just hold him because he has no balance yet.

As for firsts he had his first sickness which was hard but he was so great during it even though we know he was unhappy about it.

(Because I am writing this post when he is almost 4 months old it isn't as thorough as it could have been but I also have realized I need to make notes of things that he does so that by the end of the month I know what cool things have happened and I don't just write about the things that happened at the end of the month)

No comments:

Post a Comment