Monday, January 28, 2013

Liam: One Month






Likes: Car rides, being held, tummy time (surprisingly enough because I heard some babies hate it) baths, eating and sleeping all day


Hubby holding Liam for the first time
 Dislikes: Sleeping at night, getting put in his carseat, diaper changes



Biggest Achievement of the Month: I would think being born should count for this one, because that is something huge ;)

Biggest Challenge of the Month: Sleeping throughout the night


Sleep: So he loves sleeping, it just tends to happen during the day.  He did this from the day he was born and it is something we have been working on.  What will happen is he will sleep all day and then at around 10 when we try to go to bed he will be awake and then normally he wakes up again around midnight or 1 and is awake for a bit then too.  Christmas night he gave us the most wonderful gift and slept for a 7 hour stretch.  When I woke up that morning hubby told me it was morning and my first question was, "Is he dead?" because I just couldn't believe he slept for that big of a stretch. 

Now we have been developing a few bad habits and I know they are bad but I figure this is my first kid so I am allowed to cheat a little because sometimes I just really need sleep.  The main one I am talking about is when he won't stop fussing, I just pull him into bed with us.  I know, I know, I have been told that when he gets older it is a very hard thing to break but when it is 3 in the morning and he is wide awake and I of course am not, it just seems easier so that I can get some sleep.


But he has been getting better lately, waking up about twice a night, which I will take. 

Temperament/Personality: He has the best temperament   He is a very calm, sweet baby and normally only cries when he is hungry (apparently dirty diapers don't bug him very much).  Another thing that is so fun is that he has the widest range of expressions.  He makes faces all the time and it is just so adorable to watch.  There have only been a couple times that he has been upset for more then a few minutes that I couldn't fix (he had a few really bad nights) for which I am very grateful for.

Eating: I am so happy to say that I haven't had any problems breastfeeding him.  Within an hour of being born I was feeding him and we have been good ever since.  Around week 3 he hit a growth spurt which resulted in hour long feedings for a bit but that seems to be over now, thank goodness.

The Superficial: He is so pretty....  No but really, he really is a cute baby, I love that he was born with hair and I dont really remember seeing him with a cone head so it must have gone back to normal pretty fast.  He is wearing newborn clothes still but some of the outfits now are starting to get close to being too small. 

The only thing that isn't good (well it really isn't bad except for looks) is that he got baby acne decently bad.  Our doctor said it was normal and would go away in about a month.  Hubby asked around to our friends with kids and one of their pediatricians had recommeded putting Aqufor on it and it works like magic.  We put it on and within a day it looks so much better.

Milestones & Firsts: Milestone #1, Being born!!!!  Other then that, he holds his head up really well.  He scoots to the point that he went over his mini boppy pillow. (Video?) He is opening his eyes a lot and will watch us, and some friends say (I haven't seen this personally) that when they are holding him and me or hubby goes by or says something he will look for us.  He makes cute baby noises (I say he is talking to us) and has a great hand grip.

He had his first bath, which he loved.  He had his first time away from mom and dad, which he had no problems with.  His first bottle (which he did fine with thank goodness). His first Chistmas and New Year.  And now that I am thinking about it, most everything is a first because he was just born so I am not sure what else to put without writing every single thing he does.

Favorite Baby Gear: I love his baby wipe warmer.  I know it isn't technically a necessary item but with how cold it is, I feel bad wiping him when the wipe is freezing. 

My boppy pillow, great for nursing and great for putting him on so that he can watch me and I don't have to have him completely in my arms.

His play mat thing (given to him by his great grandma for Christmas).  It is meant for tummy time and came with a mini boppy that you prop him up on so he isn't just lying flat on the floor.  It is very helpful so that we don't have to use one of his blankets which I think sometimes make it hard for him to move because he can't get good traction to move.

(Now none of these have links because either I didn't buy them or I got them used)


No comments:

Post a Comment